Retail IT Support Engineer
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
You are well-versed in everything POS and technology related. You are able to work in both the retail and corporate worlds. You have a knack for problem-solving, providing stellar customer service and building rapport across the organization, including the Dr. Martens Retail Stores. This position is responsible for the implementation and management of the POS system. It also works closely with Retail Operations, Vendors and IT to troubleshoot and resolve issues involving connectivity, credit card processing, latency, store inventory, database maintenance, and overall system performance. You get the Dr. Martens brand and are excited to support the team in enhancing Dr. Martens’ footprint in the Americas region.
- Supporting the Dr. Martens Retail stores both onsite and remotely
- Managing the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of all Retail hardware and software to ensure continued usability of equipment and software, this includes POS, VOIP phones, PCs, printers, credit card readers, firewalls, routers, and switches.
- Creating and implementing project plans for software and hardware upgrades.
- Proactively identifying and recommending enhancements to the overall Retail IT infrastructure
- Maintaining all retail systems for the assigned territory of stores (i.e. EPOS, Electronic Funds Transfer & Payment Software)
- Assisting with Disaster Recovery management and implementation
- Providing all aspects of reactive and proactive fault location and resolution.
- Delivering all levels of technical support to the assigned territory of retail stores within the Americas Region, maintaining a high degree of customer service for all users at all times
- Acting as IT technical go-to for users in non-retail areas of business as required
- New Store deployments
YOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals - INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualities:
- Must have a pro-active positive and solution-oriented attitude
- Technical IT background with 1-2 years’ experience.
- Experience in supporting Retail stores, POS, software and related systems, Microsoft CPOS Experience desirable.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to reach and connect to multiple users
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, maintain strong attention to detail and have amazing troubleshooting, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Flexible work schedule - ability to work regularly on nights and weekends as required
- Connection with our Brand, The Stuff that Sets Us Apart and our Fundamental Qualities.
Interested? Apply today and send your resume to email@example.com