We're looking for an experienced Footwear designer to join our Womens & Kids team. Do you have a unique creative aesthetic that you think could bring something new and exciting to our business? Your key responsibility will be to Deliver commercial footwear designs, in-keeping with Dr Martens Core Values which are part of our DNA, addressing the seasonal briefs.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
Quality Product Design:
Design footwear to briefs with innovative and commercial concepts relevant to Dr Martens and work to tight FOB’s and margins
All projects are completed to the Design/Product development timeline
Design Market Trends/Conceptual Research:
Create trend, material and colour presentations on boards and in document form, for seasonal product reviews, meetings and presentations
Conduct market research at retail and trade shows and through any other innovative medium/platform in order to communicate effectively to the team
Development of Prototypes/Samples:
Work closely with the development team to create prototypes that meet with deadlines required on Design/Product calendar.
Liaise and work with the development team and supplier factories mainly in the Asia
Create product presentations (internal and external) from concept to final review on all delegated projects.
Present seasonal concepts and articulate product information to the business.
Prepare materials and samples for presentations (minimum twice per year)
Inputting into and manage the design critical path for the category.
We are looking for a talented, edgy product line manager for Accessories & Clothing to come and work with our creative product team.
Reporting to the Creative Director you will be primarily responsible for supporting the curation of season Clothing and Accessory Collections ensuring a seamless Go To Market approach that allows for commercial adoption through bi annual product launches.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
· Proactively provide research to support new commercial opportunities for clothing and accessories in accordance with the creative director.
· Assist and direct the C&A category strategy and seasonal product focuses to deliver well established plans for the seasonal GTM
· Identify Margin Gaps within the category structure and work with key stakeholders across product development and sourcing to find long and short term solutions.
· Produce and lead in conjunction with the Category assistant the creation of in depth product briefs, detailing design direction, competitor benchmarking, RRPs and initial volume forecasts.
· Stay current on industry trends and knowledge, attending retail trade shoes, store visits and market visits & Connecting with accounts and the consumer.
· Manage the range from concept to commercialisation in accordance with the creative director, working with the creative team to ensure product is delivered in line with the range briefs.
· Collaborates with the legal team to protect brand identity and drive the product naming process.
· Have shared accountability of all product creation on the global line list ensuring files and historical data is kept up to date.
· Attend and present at the seasonal line review capturing notes and changes in order to update the wider teams
· Work collaboratively with the category assistant in layout preparation, coordination of samples, proofing copy, and execution of the catalogue section for clothing and accessories.
· Serve as the leading contributor at major mile stone meeting, sales launches etc.
· Analyse global category performance on new and carryover to establish and manage product life cycles.
· Produce accurate seasonal forecasting for production capacity.
· Support the creative director in cost and margin impact of colour, fabric and trim components and construction choices.
· Contribute to the analysis of design and product elements based on cost and a hierarchy of importance.
· Identify cost & Margin issues and ensure product execution Is within budget and the targeted GTM revenue, quality and market requirements.
· You’ll be a proud ambassador of your category and promote your work internally and externally.
YOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals - INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To be our [Job Title] you will also possess these qualities:
· Proven industry experience in product line management, merchandising, or related field.
· Knowledge of product creation is essential, you must be passionate about our products!
· Strong presentation skills, happy to speak publicly in front of large groups and a variety of audiences.
· Excellent analytical aptitude and interpersonal skills.
· High attention to detail and comfortable meeting tight deadlines
· Ability to work in a rapidly changing, high growth environment.
· Happy to travel internationally & domestically as needed (4-5 times a year)