We’re always on the lookout for people who share our ambition — passionate, driven people with fire in their hearts. Do you think you have what it takes?
A Credit Controller overseeing the collection of trade debt across the DACH region including processing documentation, reporting and ensuring the Sales Ledger activities are administered in line with the Group Credit Policy. Ensuring that debtor balances are collected to terms and the Sales Ledger accurately maintained. Must be fluent in German.
Credit Control and Debt Collection
- Responsible to making sure all outstanding customer invoices are collected within the agreed payment terms as defined by the business.
- Meet and if possible exceed the weekly cash collection targets set by the business.
- Ensure Credit limits are set-up & reviewed as necessary with the EMEA Credit Manager.
- Work closely with internal functions such as sales, customer services and logistics; being able to influence and build strong working relationships.
- Ensure all issues with invoices and deliveries are addressed with a commercial and pragmatic approach.
- Have an excellent customer service focus; liaising regularly so that we are abreast of all issues.
- Assist with the implementation of the Group Credit Policy and associated procedures, ensuring that they are being followed.
- Download from the bank the daily cash receipts.
- Ensure all cash is allocated correctly, in line with remittances received.
- Raise credit notes and invoices for sundry charges, where required.
- Responsible for the administrative tasks associated with credit notes, invoices and statements.
Reporting & Forecasting
- Effective and timely reporting of Accounts Receivable and cash balances to the EMEA Credit Manager.
- Provide debtor performance statistics to the business as required.
- Generate adhoc reports and forecasts as required.
- Escalation of delinquent debt to the EMEA Credit Manager and the wider business.
- Production of monthly statements to customers based in Germany.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
- Fluent in both English and German essential (spoken & written).
- 2+ Years’ experience of working within an Accounts Receivable function with customers based in DACH.
- A strong working knowledge of credit management, cash management, and foreign exchange risk principles.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- D365/ERP experience – desirable.
- A working knowledge of European VAT.
- Excellent communication skills to internal and external customers both oral and written in English and German.
- Able to work as part of a team in a fast-moving, growth environment.
OUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr.Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals: INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS.
Working for Dr.Martens is everything you’d expect it to be. We’re a diverse, passionate bunch who believe each role is as unique as the person who does it.
- Welcome to the family free pair of docs
- 65% off all docs and 50% off all accessories
Are you ready to fill your boots? Apply now.