We’re always on the lookout for people who share our ambition — passionate, driven people with fire in their hearts. Do you think you have what it takes?
Our Property Accountant will be based in Wollaston, Northamptonshire for a 12 month FTC and will support the Senior Group Financial Accountant to ensure that properties across the Group are accounted for correctly and consistently, and that all future IFRS 16 requirements are met.
Predominantly a technical role, key responsibilities will include drafting the monthly property journals and the posting thereof, analysing the monthly position/costs of each property within the portfolio, ensuring that property related accounting policies are applied consistently and that the Group is fully up to speed with regards to accounting developments and best practice in this area.
- Control all of the postings for properties across the EMEA business – including retail premises, warehouses, offices and showrooms
- Produce accurate monthly cost/balance sheet reconciliations that cover the entire EMEA property portfolio
- Liaise with third parties e.g. landlords, County Councils and legal advisers to make sure that property accounting is robust and that amounts to be recovered are done so on a timely basis
- Own the property related accounting policies e.g. dilapidations, onerous leases etc and make sure that these are well documented and applied consistently across the Group. Where there are differences in accounting treatment ensure that these are fully understood and documented
- Business partner the EMEA finance team to proactively plan for change and make sure that property accounting is always up to date
- Present the interim/year end support for property related costs, prepayments and accruals to the external auditors and work through any resulting queries
- Maintain the collation of all lease agreements and routinely cross check workings back to source documentation
- Ensure full readiness and future compliance with IFRS 16 – including making sure that the correct entries are reflected within the management/statutory accounts
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
To be our Property Accountant you will also possess these qualities:
- Recognised accountancy qualification (preferably ACA) with appropriate technical competencies
- In-depth understanding of property accounting and experience of IFRS 16 implementations
- Familiar with Group consolidations including overseas subsidiaries – multi-currency & multi-site
- Wider understanding of IFRS accounting policies – ability to use this knowledge to update & cascade relevant extracts of the accounting policy manual across the Group
- Confidence to build credibility quickly with stakeholders within and outside of the Finance function
- Be passionate in working for Dr. Martens and role model our behaviours
OUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr.Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals: INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS.
Working for Dr.Martens is everything you’d expect it to be. We’re a diverse, passionate bunch who believe each role is as unique as the person who does it.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Welcome to the family free pair of docs
- 65% off all docs
- We have a dedicated culture team focusing on wellness and charity work across the business
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
- 4.30 Friday finish
- Amazing Camden based offices with roof terrace overlooking the canal
- Private healthcare
- Pension contribution
Are you ready to fill your boots? Apply now.
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be our best. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.