We’re always on the lookout for people who share our ambition — passionate, driven people with fire in their hearts. Do you think you have what it takes?
Responsible for the management of the shift and to support the Operations Manager with the day-to-day running of the UK DC in line with the business strategy of providing best-in class service at best cost.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
- You will manage a team of Senior Operatives and Warehouse Operatives:
- Ensure safe working practices are consistently adhered to and all operational areas are staffed appropriately.
- Lead and engage our teams, managing them fairly and consistently, in a way that drives our culture and supports our vision and values.
- Ensure all team members are aware of their tasks, standards and meet the work output required.
- Support and drive performance management, training and development of all team members as required.
- Follow our People Processes as required.
- You will manage and direct operational activities for all DC functions to meet/exceed Service, Cost and People.
- You will plan, manage and adjust resource levels to meet operational requirements and budgetary targets across all channels, especially if there are absences.
- You will support the DC Management team in both tactical and strategic DC plans to gain efficiencies through continuous improvement.
- You will drive our passion to be a great place to work by facilitating effective communications across the DC, promoting Health and Safety best practice and helping to develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Flexibility to cover shifts and weekend working in peak periods as required
OUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals – INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To be our Team Manager – DC you will also possess these qualities:
- Experience within a similar managerial role in a DC site, with a strong understanding of end to end warehouse processes, ideally gained in a retail brand environment.
- Experience of leading and managing a team, with a proven ability to effectively use people management processes to build, coach and develop a team.
- An ability to engage, inspire and develop teams leading to the creation of succession plans.
- Continuous improvement approach to resolve operational issues.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision making ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and working experience of Warehouse Management Systems.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Welcome to the family free pair of docs
- 65% off all docs
- Our Culture Team are a dedicated team focusing on culture, wellness, and charity work across the business
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
- 4pm Friday finish
- Newly renovated offices working onsite with Made in England factory
- Private healthcare
- Pension contribution
Are you ready to fill your boots? Apply now.
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be our best. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age