We’re always on the lookout for people who share our ambition — passionate, driven people with fire in their hearts. Do you think you have what it takes?
Act as IP support to the Legal team and to the business. Managing and organising projects for the IP team and working as part of a global team to provide tailor made legal solutions for the business.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
As our IP paralegal you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Head of IP and IP Counsel to provide support in EMEA.
- Assisting in reviewing new product designs each season to ensure there is no third party infringement.
- Assisting on contentious IP matters, for example lookalikes and counterfeits, and non-contentious IP matters such as customs recordals and trade mark registrations.
- Coordinating the annual trade mark Proof of Use project as part of the main licence agreement.
- Working with external legal services to ensure that high quality, cost effective legal capability is delivered where this cannot be provided in-house.
- Managing and delivering projects as part of the IP team
- Managing communications with customs in all regions, including identifying counterfeit goods and liaising with local agents on enforcement.
- Working closely with the third party online take down providers to ensure constant and consistent management of fake domains, counterfeit listings and social media activity.
- Conducting regular searches, both online and in retail stores, for counterfeit and copycat product.
- Acting as a key contact for customer services, including queries about customer purchases and providing letters for customers’ banks in relation to fraud.
OUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr.Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals: INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS.
Working for Dr. Martens is everything you’d expect it to be. We’re a diverse, passionate bunch who believe each role is as unique as the person who does it.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience working in IP or brand protection, Passionate about intellectual property
- Enjoys working a in a team environment at a fast pace
- The ability to work with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent organisational skills
- Confident, positive, and professional
- project management skills
- Fluent English language written and spoken
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Welcome to the family free pair of docs
- 65% off all docs
- Our Culture Team are a dedicated team focusing on culture, wellness, and charity work across the business
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
- 4.30 Friday finish
- Amazing Camden based offices with roof terrace overlooking the canal
- Private healthcare
- Pension contribution
Are you ready to fill your boots? Apply now.
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be our best. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.