Your passion to analyse data to find insights, develop strategy, and make improvements, blended with your desire to grow, drives you. You enjoy working with others to develop and drive new ways of working. You have a knack for thinking outside the box and translating that into a tactical plan to drive a business. You support the sales team in analytics enabling them to operate at an optimal level and drive growth. You get the Dr. Martens brand and are excited to support the team in enhancing Dr. Martens’ footprint in the Americas region.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
- Enable order book reporting and insights that summarize overall trends and clarify risk and opportunities for action.
- Drive the integration of customer sell-through data into local databases for integration and analysis.
- Generate and communicate weekly/monthly updates on sell-through performance in the marketplace, including best-sellers and identifying emerging trends.
- Create holistic sell-in and sell-through tools and analysis to ensure product and market health of the brand in wholesale and export channels in America by leading the creation of new tools, analysis, and reporting in conjunction with existing tools being used.
- Work with Sales and business partners to enhance our sell-through dataset and develop standardized metrics.
- Partner with the IT/Business Intelligence team to enhance DM metrics with improved business dashboards that amplify insights and reduce unnecessary ad-hoc reporting/tasks.
- Balance multiple, quick turnaround responses to Adhoc analysis that is also thoroughly validated and answers immediate business needs.
- Support the development of standardized best practice reporting, tools, and training to optimize the sales team.
- Work cross-functionally to gain commitment and alignment on all initiatives with key stakeholders.
YOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals – INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualities:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, computer science, management information systems, or other related fields or equivalent years of experience.
- 3+ years of relevant planning, analysis, business planning, or related field preferred.
- Intermediate/advanced excel skills with high comfort and experience in building pivot tables.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and incorporating excel charts to build story-telling visuals.
- Ability to synthesize large sets of data and develop creative and innovative solutions in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong prioritization skills and proven ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Possess the desire and drive to learn.
- Analytical experience with retail math and retail financial drivers is preferred.
- Experience in understanding and developing consumer, retail, and competitor trends is a plus.
- Experience with Business Intelligence systems a plus (e.g. Power BI, Tableau).
- Experience in the wholesale, retail, apparel, fashion, or footwear industry is a plus.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners to develop and design mutually aligned goals and solutions.
- Ability to work at a standard computer set up 40+ hours per week, with or without accommodations.
- Connection with our Brand, The Stuff that Sets Us Apart, and our Fundamental Qualities.
At DMs, the technical capability will go hand in hand with the below:
- Great relationship management that delivers results through effective teamwork.
- Be a proud custodian of our DM’s culture, embodying what we stand for and encouraging others to do the same.
- Help build a highly engaged team – ensuring a collaborative culture and providing guidance & support to other team members.
- Take ownership of your own development, proactively seeking out feedback to build self-awareness.
- Bring the outside in; share best practices across the team/business and encourage ideas sharing as well as collaborative problem-solving.
- Lead the way and role model on all things DE&I & wellbeing.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Welcome to the brand pair of Docs
- 65% employee discount
- 1:00 PM Friday finish in the summertime
- Amazing Portland-based office & rooftop
- Hybrid Work Schedule
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be our best. Part of this commitment is being an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.