THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
You are a trusted and reliable HR practitioner who knows how to build relationships at all levels of an organization. You thrive in a fast-paced, change-oriented and sometimes ambiguous environment. You know how to get things done either on your own or in close partnership with your other HR team members. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and help out on any task. You know that good HR is about creating a thriving culture where employees and leaders are engaged and supported. You get the Dr. Martens brand and are excited to support the team in enhancing Dr. Martens’ footprint in the Americas region. If you’re ready to dive in, be a positive influence and help us deliver innovative people programs please keep reading!
- Acting as the local HR partner to our Distribution Center on Swan Island.
- Engaging with leadership to drive the people elements of their business objectives and help to create effective solutions to challenges.
- Providing counsel and coaching to leaders about leadership, supervision, performance development, employee relations, engagement and culture to maximize the success of our employees and teams in achieving their business goals.
- Together with your HR partners, deliver global HR programs such as performance development, annual people meetings, organizational development, employee engagement, compensation and reward, employee experience etc. and acting as the first level partner to your business groups in navigating these programs.
- Coordinate internally developed learning and development programs related to Performance Development, Respectful Workplace, Ways of Working, New Managers, etc. in addition to externally identified and approved training resources.
- Facilitate internal recruitment of open positions at the distribution center.
- Supporting the Safety Committee in implementing best practices and sustainable safety measures.
- Acting as a culture ambassador, bringing a high level of integrity and accountability to your role, while living our Fundamentals, The Stuff That Sets Us Apart and our Ways of Working.
- Partnering and communicating closely with all members of the HR team to ensure consistent employee experience and HR alignment on day-to-day and key projects.
YOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals – INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualities:
- 3+ years of experience in an HR Generalist or similar level position.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience in a warehouse or manufacturing environment required.
- Some safety experience strongly preferred.
- Footwear, apparel, or fast-moving consumer goods industry experience, a plus.
- Confidence to have a point of view and express it diplomatically, influencing as needed to ensure HR best practice.
- Ability to provide effective coaching and counseling to managers and individuals.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with professionalism, establishing appropriate professional boundaries and using discretion in all matters.
- Strong people skills, a positive attitude and the ability to build trust.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills required.
- High level proficiency in MS Office suite, including Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Ability to drive within the Portland metro area weekly.
- International and/or Domestic travel: 0%
- Ability to work at a standard computer set up 40+ hours per week, with or without accommodations.
- A connection with our Brand, The Stuff that Sets Us Apart and our Fundamental Qualities.
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be our best. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.