THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
You are an experienced health & safety professional, and you understand how to build safety practices around the work environment. Having a passion for safety is great, but you also know that you have to get your co-worker’s buy-in to create a safe work culture. You’re not afraid to dig into an embedded culture and find ways to partner with employees to achieve health & safety goals and improve our already strong safety culture. You will provide first class safety support to all sites, delivering proactive and reactive support to ensure the business is compliant and safety becomes an integral part of everything we do. If you’re ready to jump in to developing and implementing health & safety programs for multiple locations, keep reading!
- Develop and implement health & safety standards, policies, and practices with input from our safety committee, including safety management systems, training, and risk assessments in line with the global safety strategy.
- Develop health & safety plans for on-site emergencies, business continuity, and other events.
- Complete Accident / Incident and Near Miss investigations, particularly the identification of root causes and the revision to risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Identify risks and opportunities to minimize workplace injuries and incidents using the hierarchy of controls.
- Carry out regular workplace inspections to influence behaviour and check policies and procedures are being properly implemented and provide reports.
- Maintain strong relationships with safety advisors globally and ensure uniform company standards are maintained.
- Manage 3rd party supplier to undertake Ras, Audits and FRAs where required.
- Develop, deliver, and review safety training curriculum to provide clear and engaging training.
- Conduct workplace health & safety audits to ensure compliance with health & safety requirements.
- Advise on safety equipment; recommend replacements & upgrades.
- Work closely with key internal depts such as compliance, risk and retail operations and supply chain.
- Lead or participate in regular safety committee meetings across the various teams.
- To identify and report against trends and leading lagging indicators.
- Maintain all regionally required records such as state & federal OSHA & update these as needed.
YOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals – INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualities:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant EHS experience, preferably within a similar business.
- Working knowledge of company safety policies and OSHA standards.
- CSP (Certified Safety Professional) required.
- OSHA 30- hour certification preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop & conduct training.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong ability to influence those you don’t manage.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to travel throughout the region to conduct safety inspections and investigations.
- Domestic travel: Up to 20%; international travel: 5% or less.
- Ability to work at a standard computer set up 40+ hours per week, with or without accommodations.
- Connection with our Brand, The Stuff that Sets Us Apart and our Fundamental Qualities.
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be our best. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.