VISUAL MERCHANDISING SPECIALIST
You will be hands on with our Product in our NYC stores, showcasing our Brand and educating our customers on Dr. Martens through creative visual merchandising. You will drive increased traffic and product knowledge and help make our foot print in New York.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
DTC - Implementing and managing a product merchandising strategy for owned and operated retail
· Managing installation and merchandising of window and feature table presentations in our retail stores. Ensuring displays and product follows the directives provided by the regional marketing team.
· Providing merchandising direction that reflects industry standards and global brand direction in order to realize optimal SKU productivity and ensure best in class conversion rates.
· Measuring productivity of retail space and making recommendations for continuous improvements.
· Understanding the needs of the consumers and utilizing those understandings to evolve merchandising strategies.
· Developing merchandising guidelines to share across the fleet of Dr. Martens stores nationally.
· Managing individual project budgets, work-back schedules and approval processes for internal and external resources.
· Supporting our New York market strategy; working closely with team members to provide support for retail and brand activities within the market.
· Working with Social Media Manager to ensure store locations and activities are represented and celebrated within Social channels.
· Providing quarterly reports highlighting product, marketing and consumer trends for the NYC area.
Wholesale – Implementing and managing a product merchandising strategy within wholesale retail accounts
· Working with Americas Sales Team to identify key accounts to schedule regular merchandising and product/Brand education visits
· Implementing merchandising directives for Dr. Martens shop-in-shop/POS programs at our wholesale retail locations.
· Assisting US Marketing Manager and Americas Sales Team to develop and install point of sale materials for retail accounts.
· Helping Manage and support retail accounts with key marketing initiatives.
YOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals - INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualities:
· Bachelor’s degree in Fashion, Merchandising, Design, Marketing, Communications or a similar function preferred.
· 2-3 years of prior visual merchandising, retail marketing experience or retail management experience within the footwear or apparel industry.
· Previous retail or customer service experience required.
· Functional knowledge of in-store marketing programs.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and either Illustrator or InDesign.
· Demonstrated ability to identify trends and connect strategy, branding and creative into consumer and retail solutions.
· Self-motivated with ability to establish personal rapport and build strong business partnerships via phone, email, and in-person.
· Strong communication, presentation and negotiating skills.
· Able to manage projects, meet deadlines, and manage to budget.
· Able to travel throughout the US up to 20% of the time.
· Connection with our Brand, The Stuff that Sets Us Apart and our Fundamental Qualities.