Dr. Martens is growing, especially in the US, and we're always looking for experienced Store Managers who align with our values: BE YOURSELF, ACT CORAGEOUSLY, and SHOW YOU CARE. If our values resonate with you, complete an application, and we'll take it from there. Use our store locator to find your nearest location.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
You lead the store team by example: driving exceptional customer service, maximizing sales consistently and maintaining overall store performance. You are an enthusiastic and confident leader who values team development and embraces challenges with optimism. You get the Dr. Martens brand and are excited to support the team in enhancing Dr. Martens’ footprint in the Americas region.
- Leading, motivating and developing store team to deliver exceptional customer service. Building on our retail standards and Key Performance Indicators, growing sales and brand loyal customers.
- Exceeding sales/profitability budgets for the store. Maintaining controllable cost to achieve established Return on Sales (ROS) and payroll goals.
- Upholding company objectives by developing business strategies to increase store traffic and optimize profitability.
- Responsible for all aspects of Human Resources within the store (i.e., recruiting, hiring, training, and retaining top talent).
- Proactively managing and handling all inventory control-related issues and ensuring accurate inventory tracking.
- Sharing input on product orders, buying trends, customer needs, and inventory levels. Reviewing stock levels regularly to drive sales.
- Ensuring visual presentations are consistent and merchandising standards are achieved.
- Identifying, recommending, and maintaining local advertising and/or store promotions within scope set by Brand Marketing team.
- Creating schedules to accommodate the business needs and ensure all timekeeping procedures are completed accurately.
YOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals - INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualities:
- 3-5 years retail management experience, preferably related to footwear and/or apparel. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in related field would be a plus.
- Experience managing staff, setting schedules, assessing performance, and supporting professional development.
- Thorough knowledge of retail merchandising and retail operations.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, retail/register systems, web-based programs, and computerized inventory systems. Experience with MPOS and StoreForce a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide customer base.
- Analytical ability to identify and evaluate problem areas and implement effective solutions.
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and to carry shoe boxes while climbing a ladder and/or stairs and to carry shoe boxes while climbing a ladder and/or stairs
- Domestic travel required, up to 5%.
- Connection with our Brand, The Stuff that Sets Us Apart and our Fundamental Qualities.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Welcome to the brand free pair of Docs
- 65% off Employee Discount
- Seasonal free pairs of Docs
- Transit and parking flexible spending accounts
- PTO and Sick Time
- Our Employee Assistance Program – for when times might get tough
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth Retirement Savings Plans with employer match
- DM Foundation, supporting and empowering our communities around the world
- Paid Volunteer Hours
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be our best. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We strive to develop a business where our people can thrive and feel empowered to express themselves. Because we believe everyone should feel supported and included, whatever their role in the Dr. Martens community.