Dr. Martens is a globally recognizable and culturally influential British brand, with over 60 years of rich heritage. As brand custodians, we are lucky to work for a dynamic, thriving, and ethical business, with people from diverse backgrounds, who bring their true selves to work, and where anyone can grow their career.
We are guided by three core values that are at the heart of everything we do: be yourself, act courageously, and show you care. They make us who we are and inspire us to push boundaries, embrace our individuality, and stand up for what's right.
SO, WHAT'S THE STORY?
You will create and implement a strategy to support operational excellence and best in class service, while cultivating a positive working environment. You are analytical and have a keen curiosity for understanding what makes our consumers tick. You are a proven leader who embodies our mission and incorporates your passion for Dr. Martens into your daily decisions. You are highly collaborative and as part of the e-commerce team, will work alongside regional teams to drive and implement the customer experience strategy and roadmap for Dr. Martens’ Americas.
- You will support with the creation of the region’s customer care department and lead the team, working closely with operations teams, IT, finance, marketing, and product to understand opportunities to improve the customer experience and play a proactive role in generating solutions.
- You will own the strategy/vision so region can provide the best-in-class customer experience for customer interactions with the brand making sure customers are taken care of in the most effective way so that they want to be a returning customer and continue to engage with the brand.
- You will manage the departments near and offshore 3rd party call center contract. This includes relationship management, cost control, quality assurance and workforce management.
- You will activate a strategy to ensure the brand’s voice and processes are consistent across all customer interactions.
- You will act as the voice of the customer to drive continuous improvements.
- You will lead projects to ensure consistently the Customer Experience department is resourced adequately and review processes and procedures to make sure we have consistent interactions with our customer touchpoints across the region.
- You will support the scoping of our Digital Roadmap initiatives impacting CX and help identify, research, and push for resolution on technical issues effecting consumer’s digital experience.
- You will make sure all CS-centric content on site is optimized to support the customer experience.
- You will be an in-house expert in digital CX best practices with knowledge of the latest platforms/tools consumers use to communicate with brands.
- You will research new opportunities to connect with our consumers and have a strong understanding of our competition’s digital ecosystems/landscape.
- You will provide additional capacity to direct reports through assistance with project management while supporting the team efforts to improve customer experience standards; recognize/coach team behaviors; and manage the business through productivity metrics.
- You will perform regular analysis, reporting, and benchmarking regarding SLAs associated with customer touchpoints across the region.
- In partnership with the head of eCommerce, you will manage the P&L for the customer experience organization.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
- Proven and recurring success in a similar role focused on customer experience, ideally for a digital-first brand, required.
- Possesses an analytical, data-driven approach to consistently improve customer satisfaction for a brand and other Customer Service KPIs.
- Experience with CX Platforms (i.e., Salesforce, Zendesk), Google Analytics, BI tools, ERP, CRM, OMS, AI Customer Service Solutions, new and emerging tech for CX.
- Highly strategic in testing new ideas that help build strong consumer relationships.
- Ability to craft engaging user journeys through understanding all customer touchpoints.
- Extensive problem solving and communication skills with cross-functional team members.
- Strong organization, proactiveness, acute attention to detail, and excellent project management skills.
- Experience managing multi-tiered vendor relationships that include near and offshore operations that include quality assurance, training and workforce management
- International travel up to 5%; & domestic travel: 5%.
- Ability to work at a standard computer set up 40+ hours per week with or without accommodations.
We live and breathe Rebellious Self Expression at Dr. Martens, and there are 3 core values at the heart of it. They never stand alone, but work together as a balancing act of rights and responsibilities to support how we work together at DMs.
BE YOURSELF. ACT COURAGEOUSLY. SHOW YOU CARE.
At DM your technical capability will go hand in hand with the below:
- Great relationship management that delivers results through effective teamwork
- You’ll be a proud custodian to our DM’s culture, embodying what we stand for and encouraging others to do the same
- You’ll help build a highly engaged team – ensuring a collaborative culture and providing guidance & support to other team members
- You will take ownership for your own development, proactively seeking out feedback to build self-awareness
- You will bring the outside-in; you’ll share best practice across the team/business and encourage ideas sharing as well as collaborative problem solving
- You’ll lead the way and role model on all things DE&I & wellbeing
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Welcome to the brand pair of Docs
- Employee discount of 65% off footwear and 50% on accessories
- Early Friday finish in the summertime
- Hybrid work schedule
- Affordable & comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision packages
- Our Employee Assistance Program – for when times might get tough
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth Retirement savings plans
- DM Foundation, supporting and empowering our communities around the world
- Paid volunteer hours
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment in which we can all be our best and bring our authentic selves to work. We encourage applications, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our brand; helping us to authentically speak to our consumers.
We strive to develop a business where our people can thrive and feel empowered to express themselves. Because we believe everyone should feel supported and included, whatever their role in the Dr. Martens community.