Dr. Martens is a globally recognizable and culturally influential British brand, with over 60 years of rich heritage. As brand custodians, we are lucky to work for a dynamic, thriving, and ethical business, with people from diverse backgrounds, who bring their true selves to work, and where anyone can grow their career.
We are guided by three core values that are at the heart of everything we do: be yourself, act courageously, and show you care. They make us who we are and inspire us to push boundaries, embrace our individuality, and stand up for what's right.
SO, WHAT'S THE STORY?
You have a background in accounting or finance with some experience under your belt. You have a passion for retail and will act as the financial point person supporting the retail team. You’re looking to join a growing business where you will partner cross-functionally, influence decision making, and become the retail finance expert. You get the Dr. Martens brand and are excited to support our growth plans across North America.
- Support FP&A Manager in creation of annual retail store budgets, working with business partners to develop key assumptions, OPEX needs, Capex requirements, etc.
- Drive the monthly retail forecast process, partnering with retail team to update key assumptions and outline potential risks and opportunities, proactively making recommendations.
- Model store performance scenarios to assist leadership team in decision-making.
- Support the monthly S&OP process, providing insight on prior month’s performance relative to forecast that delivers impactful insights and helps tell the business and financial story.
- Partner with global counterparts to drive best in class reporting/forecasting/modelling across the global retail organization.
- Create new retail store investment appraisals, including market details, cap-ex requirements, EBITDA profitability, payback period, and KPI sensitivities.
- Partner with the retail admin team, produce and review the daily, weekly, and periodic trading performance of retail KPIs, providing commentary and insights.
- Undertake monthly reviews of Retail OPEX, ensuring correct accruals are being made and building spend forecasts that are in line with these findings.
- Produce monthly retail store P&Ls and review with retail leadership team.
PowerBI development & enhancement
- Work with BI team to build and develop the reporting capabilities of Power BI, including KPI dashboard reporting required to support the retail team in trade decision making.
- Analyse the detail behind the numbers, proactively seeking out issues with integration and reporting and working with the relevant departments to find solutions.
- Ensure the correct data is captured where any data issues are found.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- 3+ year’s relevant planning/analysis experience, preferably in footwear, fashion, or related industry.
- Confidence to build credibility quickly with stakeholders within and outside of the Finance function.
- Ability to articulate financial concepts to non-finance business partners in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong business and financial acumen. Proven ability to think creatively with strong problem-solving skills.
- Constantly maintaining a questioning mind-set, willing to dig deeper into the data to understand the key drivers and happy to get into the detail.
- Be able to provide high quality analysis to drive decision-making. Ability to marry both financial and non-financial data to get behind the numbers to identify key drivers of performance and spot trends.
- Experience with analytical tools like Power BI to understand and visualize KPI and business performance.
- Experience of undertaking detailed and complex analysis using large data sets.
- Strong visual Excel skills to enable trends generated from complex data sets to be clearly communicated to both finance and non-finance colleagues.
- Proven ability of working in a hands-on fast-moving environment to agreed deadlines that may require a rapid turnaround.
- Ability to work at a standard computer set up 40+ hours per week with or without accommodation.
- Ability to travel, internationally up to 5% and domestically up to 10% annually
We live and breathe Rebellious Self Expression at Dr. Martens, and there are 3 core values at the heart of it. They never stand alone, but work together as a balancing act of rights and responsibilities to support how we work together at DMs.
BE YOURSELF. ACT COURAGEOUSLY. SHOW YOU CARE.
At DM your technical capability will go hand in hand with the below:
- Great relationship management that delivers results through effective teamwork
- You’ll be a proud custodian to our DM’s culture, embodying what we stand for and encouraging others to do the same
- You’ll help build a highly engaged team – ensuring a collaborative culture and providing guidance & support to other team members
- You will take ownership for your own development, proactively seeking out feedback to build self-awareness
- You will bring the outside-in; you’ll share best practice across the team/business and encourage ideas sharing as well as collaborative problem solving
- You’ll lead the way and role model on all things DE&I & wellbeing
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Welcome to the brand pair of Docs
- Employee discount of 65% off footwear and 50% on accessories
- Early Friday finish in the summertime
- Amazing Portland based office & rooftop
- Hybrid work schedule
- Affordable & comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision packages
- Our Employee Assistance Program – for when times might get tough
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth Retirement savings plans
- DM Foundation, supporting and empowering our communities around the world
- Paid volunteer hours
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment in which we can all be our best and bring our authentic selves to work. We encourage applications, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our brand; helping us to authentically speak to our consumers.
We strive to develop a business where our people can thrive and feel empowered to express themselves. Because we believe everyone should feel supported and included, whatever their role in the Dr. Martens community.