SO, WHAT'S THE STORY?
We are looking for a strong talent with deep understanding of Japan market to lead the Marketing team with in formulating a wide range of Brand Strategies including Digital & Social Brand Marketing, PR, Visual Merchandising; so as to bring the brand forward for Dr Martens in Japan.
This talent should have strong knowledge across all marketing channels and platforms to align with Global/Regional strategies, ability to identify market trends, drive innovative product launches as well as create brand experience at every customer touchpoint. He/she will also partner closely with the Merchandising team to make synergy effects in aspects of product values.
· Define and establish brand marketing strategies and communications standards, including brand guidelines, the setting of style guides, translate brand marketing vision and value proposition into actions for short and long term aligned with business & global strategies
· Proactively identify business needs, marketing and customer trends, being sensitive and responsive to the changing customer and market needs.
· Responsible for all marketing functions within the team covers branding, online and offline campaign, social media, digital marketing, public relations, CRM, etc.
· Act as a brand custodian to help grow brand awareness, acquire new customers, drive traffic/conversion and enhance the entire customer experience.
· Establish and implement a complete and integrated / omni-channel marketing and communications plan for the brand in Japan to ensure a seamless customer journey and experience
· Define and formulate KPI-driven integrated marketing plans to maximize consumer reach across different digital channels
· Help drive sales and increased growth through storytelling in PR and developing campaigns to create an elevated brand
· Manage local marketing budget, and oversee budget allocations, from planning through to execution
· Develop and manage key working relationship with external partners, including KOLs, celebrities, potential and existing agencies
· Define and formulate digital marketing / social media strategies and initiatives to maximize the brand exposure and sales opportunities
· Lead digital marketing including but not limited to social media, content marketing, digital analytics, KOL marketing etc.
· Maximize Japan digital performance including IG, Facebook, Twitter official accounts, Youtube channel and search engines
· Lead and guide the visual merchandiser to maximize the store experience, understand the balance between brand priority and commercial aspects and co-work with x-function team such as Retail and Wholesale.
· Provide support and management for seasonal product launches taking into consideration the global strategic framework and regional direction to ensure that the objectives of the commercial, design, product and marketing teams are realised and brought in on budget.
· Actively lead and coach the team of MKT manager and Digital/Social manager and dedicated team members including PR/VM through growth and development opportunities to maximise engagement whilst achieving department targets, ensure evolution of talents
· Work closely with global & APAC marketing team and ensure local assets are on brand and relevant to the market
· Partner with Ecom team throughout the consumer journey funnel from awareness, acquisition to retention
· Ensure cross-functional synergy with all departments including different sales channels, merchandising, retail, licensing and PR, on both a regional and a global level
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
· Bachelor’s degree holder or above in Communications/ Marketing/ Business Administration or related disciplines
· Minimum 10 years of solid marketing management experience from apparel / fashion retail industry; experience in global brand business environment is a definite plus
· Business Level written and spoken English and Fluent Japanese is a must
· In-depth knowledge of consumers behaviour and marketing landscape in sales channels (eg: Retail, E-com, Wholesales)
· Ability in strategizing cutting edge consumer marketing through digital and social channels
· Creative individual with strong analytical skills and conceptual marketing skill
· Highly skilled at critical decision-making; ability to evaluate business issues and seek out solutions
We live and breathe Rebellious Self Expression at Dr. Martens, and there are 3 core values at the heart of it. They never stand alone, but work together as a balancing act of rights and responsibilities to support how we work together at DMs. BE YOURSELF. ACT COURAGEOUSLY. SHOW YOU CARE.
At DM your technical ability will go hand in hand with our leadership characteristics:
· Inspire people: share a vision and plan linked to our strategy; make people feel they are part of something bigger; grow your people’s confidence and capacity through coaching and development
· Think like a custodian: think and act strategically about the long-term health of DM; make courageous decisions to grow and protect the brand; leave DMs in a better place for consumers and the next generation of leaders
· Build connections: form authentic collaborative relationships; build self, talent, diverse & inclusive teams and partnerships; create space to have open and honest discussions with your team and peers
· Deliver results: empower and hold yourself and your people accountable; create a safe environment to drive performance and progress, not perfection; be agile, find solutions and deliver with integrity