SO, WHAT'S THE STORY?
You’re an experienced Sales Director who has worked in a cross functional role; so, you understand how to utilize your communication and influencing skills to partner with colleagues in Sales, Product and Marketing to gain buy in and ultimately deliver best in class results. You live the brand, team, me mindset. You’re ready to head up the wholesale sales & strategy for (Select sales channel: KA, Regions) within the US/America’s region, and the idea of establishing and driving the commercial plan for that category is your jam, leading best in class partnerships with our valued partners. You get the Dr. Martens brand and are excited to support the team in enhancing Dr. Martens’ footprint in the Americas region. If being responsible for delivering the brand and business right Sales and ensuring that it is fully executed within the US market and America’s region overall sounds like a good time, keep reading!
- Set the Sales key accounts strategy and then give clear direction and support to a cross functional team.
- Create, manage 3-5 years planning, strategic business plans to drive long term success for the brand and team.
- Lead and influence stakeholders of progress, achievements, challenges through your clear communication and leadership skills.
- Take on the lead and key role to lead the sales distribution in the US and America’s region. Work closely and in alignment with management and cross functional teams as needed.
- Understand and lead the KA’s assortment build and segmentation strategy needed for your account and channel base for best in class consumer connectivity.
- In partnership with the VP of wholesale, you will define the wholesale distribution across the US and support the plans for the overall America’s region to keep building a pull market.
- In partnership with the VP of Wholesale, you will ensure DMs has absolute clarity around the current and potential consumer groups that support both the commercial and brand objectives of our sales channel/KA’s.
- Play a key role in the development and management of channel specific Key Accounts across the region, solidifying brand-building relationships for the long term.
- Continuously assess new business opportunities within the territories and wholesale channels, connecting with brand building account base for the region.
- You will work closely with the internal cross functional resources (Customer Service, Operations, Finance, Credit) to enable the smooth running of the business model within the US, build a sustainable business for our future.
- You will liaise with the sales and the business operation teams to provide data to the team as and when needed.
- Ability to say no, make difficult but brand right long-term decision.
- Strong people leader, showcasing our mindset of brand, team, me culture.
- It goes without saying that everyone at Dr Martens is a team. Everyone is expected to take on other duties as needed.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
- +15 years’ experience and exposure to Sales, Product, and Marketing within the fashion industry preferred to include footwear. Equivalent levels of experience from other fields will be reviewed.
- Proven, strong people leadership to build and lead and best in class growing team.
- Expertise, experience on digital, omni channel wholesale business model preferred.
- The confidence and credibility to take the lead and challenge or influence when necessary.
- Previous and existing key accounts management, distribution management experience and proven relationship build preferred.
- Inspiring communications skills to enable cross functional support, working with clear objectives and KPI’s.
- Able to travel on an ad hoc basis internationally & domestically up to +45%.
- Well organized with strong time management and prioritization capability.
- A great planner with the practicality to manage the everyday tasks that enable the business to work smoothly.
- Great at leveraging internal relationships across multiple functions.
- An honest and open character with the disposition to take and give constructive feedback.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel & PowerPoint. Have previous experience and a reasonable level of familiarity working on ERP systems.
- Ability to work at a standard computer desk for 8+ hours per day, ability to lift +30 pounds.
- Strong self-motivator, ability to self-manage under times of change and evolvement.
- Connection with our Brand, The Stuff that Sets Us Apart and our Fundamental Qualities.
- Ability to work at a standard computer set up 40+ hours per week, with or without accommodations.
We live and breathe Rebellious Self Expression at Dr. Martens, and there are 3 core values at the heart of it. They never stand alone, but work together as a balancing act of rights and responsibilities to support how we work together at DMs.
BE YOURSELF. ACT COURAGEOUSLY. SHOW YOU CARE.
At DM your technical ability will go hand in hand with our leadership characteristics:
- Inspire people: share a vision and plan linked to our strategy; make people feel they are part of something bigger; grow your people’s confidence and capacity through coaching and development
- Think like a custodian: think and act strategically about the long-term health of DM; make courageous decisions to grow and protect the brand; leave DMs in a better place for consumers and the next generation of leaders
- Build connections: form authentic collaborative relationships; build self, talent, diverse & inclusive teams and partnerships; create space to have open and honest discussions with your team and peers
- Deliver results: empower and hold yourself and your people accountable; create a safe environment to drive performance and progress, not perfection; be agile, find solutions and deliver with integrity
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Welcome to the brand pair of Docs
- Employee discount of 65% off footwear and 50% on accessories
- Early Friday finish in the summertime
- Amazing Portland based office & rooftop
- Hybrid work schedule
- Affordable & comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision packages
- Our Employee Assistance Program – for when times might get tough
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth Retirement savings plans
- DM Foundation, supporting and empowering our communities around the world
- Paid volunteer hours
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment in which we can all be our best and bring our authentic selves to work. We encourage applications, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our brand; helping us to authentically speak to our consumers.
We strive to develop a business where our people can thrive and feel empowered to express themselves. Because we believe everyone should feel supported and included, whatever their role in the Dr. Martens community.