Dr. Martens is a globally recognisable and culturally influential British brand, with over 60 years of rich heritage. As brand custodians, we are lucky to work for a dynamic, thriving, and ethical business, with people from diverse backgrounds, who bring their true selves to work, and where anyone can grow their career.
We are guided by three core values that are at the heart of everything we do: be yourself, act courageously, and show you care. They make us who we are and inspire us to push boundaries, embrace our individuality, and stand up for what's right.
Manage and provide hardware and software maintenance, network, telecommunications, and infrastructure solutions and recommendations about future planning and development of resources. Ensure all ERP & application systems running effectively and efficiently. Work in line with Group and Regional IT to strengthen communication interface / integration of the APAC application systems between region and Group.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
• Work closely with I.T. Regional and Global Teams to provide solutions for Japan Office and Retail Stores.
• Support IT to drive the company wide digital transformation.
• Implementing and maintaining IT solutions to align with business requirements.
• Liaise and work with Regional/Global IT Teams to support/implement global IT. Assisting rollout or enhancement of ERP and other IT related projects (CRM, Data Warehouse/BI, Disaster Recovery, etc.) when required.
• Manage a portfolio of data platform projects providing thought leadership and technology oversight; Stakeholder management & effective communication; Identify potential project and technical risks, design and implement appropriate mitigation actions and escalate risks as appropriate; Ensure proper maintenance of documentation regarding business requirements, installation, configuration, testing, upgrade, migration and maintenance procedure.
• Align and manage vendors for I.T. equipment/services, application systems and billing management.
• Oversee the network infrastructure operations (LAN, WAN, Internet, Wireless) to ensure a high performance, secure, and reliable network environment to support business needs and growth.
• Prepare and manage I.T. Budgetary and Asset Management.
• Develop & implement I.T. policies, workflows and procedures/guidelines. Create and maintain high quality technical documentation.
• Manage and support I.T. equipment/Infrastructure services for existing/new office and retail stores.
• Be an approachable and trusted point of contact for stakeholders with varying degrees of technical ability.
YOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals - INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To be our Head of IT Japan you will also possess these qualities:
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent, with minimum 15 years’ or above experience preferably in retail background.
• Comprehensive skills of Microsoft D365 implementation & support, Micosoft M365, Microsoft desktop operating systems, familiarity with Microsoft-based networking/storage systems and Active Directory user management.
• Preferable experienced in managing E-commerce and Digital solutions.
• A good working knowledge of common hardware systems (laptops, printers, network storage devices, smartphones/tablets, Cisco Meraki switch, firewall/security and wireless LAN infrastructures etc.).
• Proactive problem-solver, positive team player, good attitude & ability to adapt to multi-cultural corporate setting. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated experience in a matrixed work environment and sense of urgency with sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent business planning and project management skills.
• Fluent in both written and spoken English.
• Preferably holder of I.T. professional/technical certifications (eg. CCNA, PMP, MCSE, ITIL, etc.)
Are you ready to fill your boots? Apply now.
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment in which we can all be our best and bring our authentic selves to work. We encourage applications, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our brand; helping us to speak authentically to our consumers.
We strive to develop a business where our people can thrive and feel empowered to express themselves. Because we believe everyone should feel supported and included whatever their role in the Dr. Martens community.