Responsible for managing the supply and demand planning processes, to provide a supply and demand plan aligned with agreed commercial strategy, to optimise and maintain a balanced inventory, to liaise with key business stakeholders and to assist in managing cost to the business.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
- You will provide Demand forecast and iprove the accuracy in corroboration with the Merchandising and the Commercial teams
- You own Demand forecast accuracy in Japan to ensure sufficient supplier capacity is being planned by Global Supplier Planning team to prevent gaps in supply vs demand
- You will translate the unconstrained demand plan into PO placements in accordance with inventory policies.
- Open to Buy Process – You’ll ensure purchase order spend is controlled effectively within budget/latest forecasts/sales contracts parameters, enabling fast and effective decision making on our spends.
- Inventory Management – You will develop and drive an accurate inventory plan for the business to support the commercial strategy, phasing intake in-line with inventory policies and strategies.
- Inventory Health – You’ll partner with the commercial teams to resolve key problem areas, working in collaboration to ensure fit for purpose inventory status at all the times.
- Inventory Optimization – You’ll utilize planning tools to optimise inventory in all channels in Japan
- You will work closely with the Production Planning & Inbound teams to expedite purchase orders, ensuring optimised inventory availability.
- You’ll deliver a monthly constrained supply plan highlighting key risks and plans and actions to mitigate.
- Product Life Cycle Management – you’ll partner with Japan Product team to manage the life cycle of our products such that products are effectively moved to end of life with limited liabilities.
- You’ll identify opportunities to improve inventory and service level KPIs, implement improvement plans, and ensure visibility of performance to the business.
YOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals - INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To be our Supply and Demand team lead, you will also possess these qualities:
- Proven 8 years experience in supply chain and inventory experience within a retail environment
- Commercially minded, proficient in reading, interpreting and analysing numerical data
- IT literate including supply and demand analysis, BI and advanced excel
- Self-starter with a meticulous and precise approach to their work
- Target driven with ability to influence key stakeholders to implement departmental initiatives
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentational skills
- Ability to develop relationships at all levels of the organisation