THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
You are a savvy sales leader and the right hand to the Retail Store Manager. You help lead the team by example, filling in for the Store Manager when needed. You have impeccable customer service skills, extensive job knowledge, and exemplary sales performance. The rest of the team looks to you for direction and guidance, and you enjoy working with the team to help develop their skills. You get the Dr. Martens brand and are excited to support the team in enhancing Dr. Martens’ footprint in the Americas region.
- Partnering with Store Manager to ensure consistent business standards are upheld.
- Acting as a role model to encourage a positive and productive work environment.
- Representing the Dr. Martens brand through coaching and feedback and helping the team exceed goals while ensuring awareness of all sales and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) goals.
- Assisting in training new staff on job duties and product knowledge.
- Assisting Store Manager with human resources responsibilities, including employee onboarding paperwork, reviewing performance, and recruiting.
- Performing daily operations related to opening and closing the store, balancing the register, preparing, and making bank deposits.
- Assisting Store Manager with operational responsibilities, such as scheduling, inventory management, shipments, physical inventories, etc.
- Delivering exceptional customer service by leading the sales floor and fostering team selling.
- Working with retail stock team to receive, maintain, and replenish in-store stock by maximizing organization efficiently and accurately.
- Assisting with merchandising to meet Brand Marketing guidelines and enhance product appeal.
YOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals - INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualities:
- 2-3 years supervisory experience required, including assessing performance and supporting employee development.
- Retail experience required; footwear experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing to a broad customer base.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, retail/register systems, web-based programs, and computerized inventory systems. Experience with MPOS a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic math, including ability to calculate percentages required.
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and to carry shoe boxes while climbing a ladder and/or stairs.
- Punctual in adherence to scheduled shift times.
- International/domestic travel 0%.
- Connection with our Brand, The Stuff that Sets Us Apart and our Fundamental Qualities.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Welcome to the brand pair of Docs
- Employee discount of 65% off footwear and 50% on accessories
- Rock the latest styles with our Seasonal Pairs
- Transit and parking flexible spending accounts
- PTO and Sick Time
- Our Employee Assistance Program – for when times might get tough
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth Retirement Savings Plans with employer match
- DM Foundation, supporting and empowering our communities around the world
- Affordable & Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision packages
- Paid Volunteer Hours
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment in which we can all be our best and bring our authentic selves to work. We encourage applications, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our brand; helping us to speak authentically to our consumers. We strive to develop a business where our people can thrive and feel empowered to express themselves. Because we believe everyone should feel supported and included, whatever their role in the Dr. Martens community.