We're looking for a passionate, experienced Assistant Store Manager to join our Edinburgh Princes Street Store!
THE GIG - ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER - EDINBURGH
Our Assistant Store Manager works hand in hand with the Store Manager to drive best-in-class day-to-day operations to achieve optimum revenue growth. You will also be responsible for ensuring H&S standards are adhered to and step in as the key holder and manage the store seamlessly in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Assisting the Retail Store Manager with the day to day retail operations in store e.g. key holding, staffing, VM, stock/delivery, admin, banking, housekeeping
- Selling Dr. Martens product, provide and excellent service to customers and drive sales performance of the wider team to meet/exceed store KPI’s
- Assisting the Retail Store Manager in implementing and driving high levels of customer service within the store
- Training, developing and mentoring the Retail Store Team to ensure accountability for delivering against performance targets (sales revenue, inventory, mystery shop
- Efficient operations and enhancing customer experience
- Assisting the Retail Store Manager with maintaining a safe and secure working environment (including H&S procedures, security procedures, search procedures)
- Acting as key holder and assume full responsibility for the store in Manager’s absence
OUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life.
We live and breathe our Fundamentals: INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS.
Working for Dr. Martens is everything you’d expect it to be. We’re a diverse, passionate bunch who believe each role is as unique as the person who does it.
THE STUFF THAT SET'S YOU APART - ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER - EDINBURGH
To be our Assistant Store Manager you will possess these qualities;
- Similar experience in an Assistant Manager or Supervisor role, (within a fashion/lifestyle brand would be preferable)
- Experience of coaching, developing and mentoring a retail team (including dealing with performance issues
- Sales oriented and able to drive others to achieve store goals and objectives
- Will drive accountability and high-level of customer service among staff and will support delivery of key store KPIs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Numeracy & literacy skills
- Good I.T skills – experience of using Internet, Email, Social media applications, Excel and EPOS till point systems
- Back of house administration (e.g. rotas, banking)
- Demonstrate resilience and think quickly on their feet on how to resolve emergent issues.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Welcome pair of Docs
- 65% off all footwear
- 50% off all accessories
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Pension contribution
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme & Mental Health First Aiders
Interested? Apply now!
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment in which we can all be our best and bring our authentic selves to work. We encourage applications, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our brand; helping us to speak authentically to our consumers.
We strive to develop a business where our people can thrive and feel empowered to express themselves. Because we believe everyone should feel supported and included, whatever their role in the Dr. Martens community.