Dr. Martens is a globally recognisable and culturally influential British brand, with over 60 years of rich heritage. As brand custodians, we are lucky to work for a dynamic, thriving, and ethical business, with people from diverse backgrounds, who bring their true selves to work, and where anyone can grow their career.
We are guided by three core values that are at the heart of everything we do: be yourself, act courageously, and show you care. They make us who we are and inspire us to push boundaries, embrace our individuality, and stand up for what's right.
As the Credit Controller based in Düsseldorf you will manage & own the collections of trade debt across the DACH other markets as required.
- Responsible for collections of your assigned portfolio of customers
- Ensure all outstanding customer invoices are collected within the agreed payment terms
- Work toward exceeding the weekly cash collection targets set by the business
- Work closely with internal functions such as sales, customer services and logistics; being able to influence and build strong working relationships
- Ensure all issues with invoices and deliveries in query are addressed and escalated if required
- Work with the AR Analysts to ensure that credit limits & overdues are cleared / managed in line with orderbook in line with seasons
- Escalation of delinquent debt to the EMEA Credit Manager and the wider business
- Download EUR payments as & when required
- Manage strategic administration including access to customer portals
- Assist the AR Administrator all with allocation discrepancies
- Provide Debtor information weekly to ensure these are available for the Debt Calls with Sales Agents / Country Managers
- Raise credit notes and invoices for invoice in query, where required
- Responsible for administrative tasks associated within EMEA
- Provide debtor performance statistics to the AR Analysts & Credit Manager
- Production of monthly statements & Direct Debit notifications to customers
- Distribution of proactive & overdue letters to customers
- Work with the AR Analyst to complete the 20-week cashflow based around calls made to customers
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
- Experience as a Credit Controller or Customer Services
- A working knowledge of credit management, cash management and/or customer services
- Fluent in both English and German is essential (spoken & written)
- Retail experience would be beneficial
- Excellent communications skills to internal and external customers
- Have an excellent customer service focus liaising regularly with other departments
- Strong Excel skills
- Understanding of EDI invoicing
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Positive, adaptable, professional & enthusiastic individual with the ability to work well
- Ability to engage and able to collaborate with your team to achieve great things
- Individual who constantly looks for new & efficient ways of working
Are you ready to fill your boots? Apply now.
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be our best. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.