Dr. Martens is a globally recognisable and culturally influential British brand, with over 60 years of rich heritage. As brand custodians, we are lucky to work for a dynamic, thriving, and ethical business, with people from diverse backgrounds, who bring their true selves to work, and where anyone can grow their career.
We are guided by three core values that are at the heart of everything we do: be yourself, act courageously, and show you care. They make us who we are and inspire us to push boundaries, embrace our individuality, and stand up for what’s right.
We’re looking for a Power BI analyst to join us to work on building Power BI dashboards, developing new metrics from new data sources and shaping the data sets used across the EMEA the Digital Channel, whilst observing global standards & alignment. This individual will take both a reactive and proactive role in ensuring the data reported across different systems can be relied on with integrity, whilst further enhancing our reporting capabilities.
Reporting to the Digital Insights Manager, the EMEA Digital Reporting Analyst role will standardise and create all Digital Power BI reports to drive further insights across a range of areas including our online trading data, analysis of customer behaviour and how we can optimise spend across our marketing channels. This will be an autonomous role and will have the scope go after new ideas, with a focus on driving continuous improvement.
As a part of the Data & Analytics (D&A) Community, our Global D&A team will be there to support you, providing best practice standards and collaborating to centralise & standardise EMEA E-commerce data. The D&A Team has set the vision “To make every business decision better with data” and is embarking on a transformational journey to “Execute faster in creating trust, access and value globally from all our data to empower our colleagues to stride forwards”. This is an exciting time to join an analyst role at Dr Martens.
This role will have specific responsibility for the EMEA Digital reporting activities within the organisation. Expertise in Power BI, DAX, SQL and databases such as SQL Server and/or Snowflake required.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
- Defines the end-to-end frameworks for all Reporting & Analytics processes in EMEA Digital, in close collaboration with the Digital Trade, Insights, Finance, Customer Service, CRM and Digital Marketing leads.
- Develops Power BI dashboards for all EMEA Digital requirements.
- Supports with the creation, implementation, reconciliation, and verification of new data sets, including Google Analytics, Supermetrics, Content Square and Customer data.
- Proven experience with customer and marketing analytics such as customer lifetime value, RFM analysis, incrementality testing, and multivariate testing. Ability to analyse customer behaviour and optimize spend across marketing channels.
- In collaboration with the Digital team, establishes Key Performance Indicators and ensures that process performance is measured, analysed, and reported accordingly.
- Work closely with the finance and data analytics teams to quickly identify data issues as they arise and liaise with the relevant teams to resolve.
- Collaborate with the experts across the relevant Technology teams to understand data flows and the root cause of data issues to reduce the frequency of inconsistent data.
- Drive and facilitates continuous improvement of standard reporting and analytics procedures (SOP) in EMEA Digital.
- Responsible for reviewing existing reports for the opportunity to optimize performance, measures, relationships, etc., investigating any potential bugs and resolving challenges.
- Responsible for keeping reports up & running through regular refreshing and maintenance.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in creating insightful dashboards and using MI/BI reporting tools, expert in Power BI 365.
- Proficient in Excel and advanced calculations. Comfortable manipulating large, complex datasets. Experience building financial models a plus.
- Strategic thinking, able to think at speed and quickly adapt to changing demands with a proven ability to work in a fast-moving environment to agreed deadlines.
- Exposure to multi-channel business models within FMCG.
- Target driven with ability to influence key stakeholders to implement departmental initiatives.
- Innate curiosity to uncover insights and understand outliers within datasets. Strong communication skills to discuss findings with stakeholders and tell compelling data stories to drive business decisions.
- Strategic and innovative thinker, able to quickly adapt to changing demands and effectively manage multiple varied analytics and reporting priorities in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines and quality standards. Able to effectively forward plan and re-prioritize work when needed.
- Strong data modelling and reconciliation skills to build integrated models from multiple internal and external sources, enabling cross-functional business insights.
- SQL skills to efficiently analyse large datasets, write queries to transform data, and extract accurate information from warehouses to empower data-driven decision making.
- Experience across the full analytics stack including collection, transformation, visualization, statistical analysis, and reporting. Can adapt analytics approach based on business requirements.
- Statistical and analytics skills to determine significance in testing, uncover product opportunities, and identify data-driven growth strategies.
YOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals - INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it.
To be our EMEA Digital Reporting Analyst the below qualities are also required:
- Bachelors' Degree in related field (or equivalent experience). Digital / Ecommerce experience required.
- Good understanding and experience of Ecommerce and Customer KPI’s
- Self-starter with a meticulous and precise approach to their work, willing to dig deeper into the data to understand the key drivers.
- Passion for data with strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail. Ability to take a methodical and logical approach to problem solve effectively and efficiently.
- Enjoys exploring questions without defined answers.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Hybrid working (3 Days in Office / 2 At Home)
- 65% off all Docs
- Award-winning ‘Buy As You Earn’ Dr. Martens share plan
- Private healthcare
- A dedicated culture team
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
Are you ready to fill your boots? Apply now.
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment in which we can all be our best and bring our authentic selves to work. We encourage applications, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our brand; helping us to speak authentically to our consumers. We strive to develop a business where our people can thrive and feel empowered to express themselves. Because we believe everyone should feel supported and included whatever their role in the Dr. Martens community.