Dr. Martens is a globally recognisable and culturally influential British brand, with over 60 years of rich heritage. As brand custodians, we are lucky to work for a dynamic, thriving, and ethical business, with people from diverse backgrounds, who bring their true selves to work, and where anyone can grow their career.
We are guided by three core values that are at the heart of everything we do: be yourself, act courageously, and show you care. They make us who we are and inspire us to push boundaries, embrace our individuality, and stand up for what's right.
We are looking for an experienced Category Development Manager to bring to life the footwear samples for the AMP collaborations category. You will be responsible for leading the team to deliver on time and to brief impeccable footwear for the seasonal calendar.
The AMP Category is one of the most dynamic, continually pushing the edges of Dr Martens’ product offering. AMP spans three pillars: Made In England which showcases our heritage craftmanship, Archive which taps back into our back catalogue, and our Collaborations range working with the best in class partners from the creative world and beyond.
As our Category Development Manager you will be responsible for:
· Leading the AMP development team to build the early design concepts and pricing at the beginning of the season and overseeing the development teams to complete samples.
· Working independently on collaboration projects to create sample specification sheets and provide build information to guide the factory on the manufacturing requirements.
· Using our PLM system you will store all category development documents for full visibility across our various time zones.
· Attend Global product meetings, alignment, and DD meetings to hear feedback on samples and work collectively with category, design and sourcing teams on the required changes.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
We live and breathe our core Fundamentals - INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it.
Put simply, for this role the key things we’re looking for are:
• Strong experience in footwear manufacturing from design concept to hand over.
• Ability to lead the team, communicate and follow progress on seasonal samples within a given timeline.
• Good practical knowledge of outsole mould creation including detailing to sole suppliers and checking blueprints for accuracy against design requirement.
• Collaborative and Independent problem solving and good understanding of product price build, accuracy of specs + CBDs during samples making.
• IT skills including Excel, Photoshop and or Illustrator
• Experience and understanding of PLM.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
· Hybrid working (Mon-Thursday in the office and Friday WFH)
· Welcome to the family free pair of Docs
· 65% off all Docs
· Award-winning ‘Buy As You Earn’ Dr. Martens share plan
· Private healthcare
· A dedicated culture team
· 2 paid volunteer days per year
· Based in our Cobbs Lane Factory in Wollaston.
Are you ready to fill your boots? Apply now.
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment in which we can all be our best and bring our authentic selves to work. We encourage applications, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our brand; helping us to speak authentically to our consumers.
We strive to develop a business where our people can thrive and feel empowered to express themselves. Because we believe everyone should feel supported and included whatever their role in the Dr. Martens community.