SO, WHAT'S THE STORY?
Dr. Martens is a globally recognisable and culturally influential British brand, with over 60 years of rich heritage. As brand custodians, we are lucky to work for a dynamic, thriving, and ethical business, with people from diverse backgrounds, who bring their true selves to work, and where anyone can grow their career.
We are guided by three core values that are at the heart of everything we do: be yourself, act courageously, and show you care. They make us who we are and inspire us to push boundaries, embrace our individuality, and stand up for what's right.
We are looking for an experienced Global Head of Internal Communications who will play a critical and strategic role in shaping and delivering our global internal communications strategy. Your primary responsibility is to ensure our employees worldwide are well-informed, engaged, and aligned with our organisational purpose, our values, and DOCs strategy. You will lead the internal communications team and act as a trusted advisor to our C-suite, collaborating with different functional teams to drive employee engagement and brand advocacy. Your influence and expertise will be instrumental in fostering a cohesive and communicative organisation that thrives on shared values and goals. Being successful at Dr. Martens is about building meaningful relationships and getting stuff done within a complex global business. You’ll thrive doing both these things against a backdrop of competing business priorities and high change.
As our Global Head of Internal Communications, you will:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive internal communications strategy aligned with business objectives.
- Act as a key advisor and coach to senior leadership on internal communications matters, providing strategic counsel and insights.
- Lead, develop, and manage a team of internal communications professionals, fostering a culture of creativity, collaboration, and high performance.
- Create compelling brand stories and engaging internal content, including newsletters, presentations, videos, and other materials that inform, inspire, and align our global workforce.
- Partnering with our Transformation Office, you will support and drive effective change management communication strategies for organisational initiatives, ensuring employees understand and embrace changes.
- Develop programs and initiatives that enhance employee engagement, fostering a strong sense of belonging and brand custodianship.
- Implement metrics to measure the effectiveness of internal communications, using data-driven insights to refine strategies and tactics.
- Develop crisis communication plans and protocols to ensure employees are well-informed during challenging times.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
Put simply, for this role the key things we’re looking for are:
- Proven experience in a senior internal communications role, preferably within a global, public, matrix organisation.
- Experience in advising senior leadership teams, including the CEO, CFO, and other C-suite members, in shaping and delivering internal communications strategies that align with the company's strategic vision.
- Experience in managing internal communications in a multicultural and multifaceted organizational environment, with an understanding of the nuances of international markets and the ability to tailor communication strategies to a wide range of employees across Retail, Head Offices, and Global Supply Chain settings.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with investor relations practices, including the ability to collaborate with the investor relations team to ensure that internal communications align with external messaging and financial reporting.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to link internal communication to business goals.
- Knowledge of best practices in internal communications and change management.
- Experience with digital communication platforms and tools.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Hybrid working
- Welcome to the family free pair of Docs
- 65% off all Docs
- Award-winning ‘Buy As You Earn’ Dr. Martens share plan
- Private healthcare
- A dedicated culture team
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
- Amazing Camden based offices with roof terrace overlooking the canal
Are you ready to fill your boots? Apply now.
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment in which we can all be our best and bring our authentic selves to work. We encourage applications, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our brand; helping us to speak authentically to our consumers. We strive to develop a business where our people can thrive and feel empowered to express themselves. Because we believe everyone should feel supported and included whatever their role in the Dr. Martens community.