We’re always on the lookout for people who share our ambition — passionate, driven people with fire in their hearts. Do you think you have what it takes?
Our Senior Technical Accounting Manager will work within Head Office/Group Finance team to support with all technical accounting matters.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Control, the main focus at effectively evaluating, embedding, and ensuring ongoing compliance with IFRS, providing technical leadership.
You will work closely with all regional finance teams and be responsible for the roll out key reporting changes, and compliance with other relevant accounting standards.
Key areas of responsibilities are:
- Ensure that the reporting requirements of the Group are compliant with IFRS and internal accounting policies
- Oversee technical accounting matters, including carrying out research and documentation for a variety of complex and non-standard transactions such as adoption of new standards, and general corporate accounting matters
- Ensure all Group Finance teams are compliant with the ‘Group Accounting Manual’
- Primary contact for external auditors on all technical accounting matters
- Responsibility for the preparation of technical accounting papers for submission to the Company's statutory auditors, and to prepare contributions for papers submitted to the Group Audit Committee and Group Board
- Subject matter expert for financial reporting and provision of technical accounting knowledge across the Financial Reporting teams
- Act as a point of contact for technical accounting queries within the Group
- Assist and support year end annual accounts preparation ensuring the Group follows best practise
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
To be our Senior Technical Accounting Manager, you will also possess these qualities:
- ACA qualified with at least 3 years PQE with appropriate technical competencies
- Experience of group organisations listed in the UK, ideally from a role with one of the Big 4.
- Able to communicate across all other business functions up to Director level
- Experience in applying technical accounting standards in a group consolidation context and also in subsidiary financial statements
- Good understanding of best practice controls in finance, with proven experience of building processes within teams
- Able to work to agreed timetables and deadlines
OUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr.Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals: INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS.
Working for Dr.Martens is everything you’d expect it to be. We’re a diverse, passionate bunch who believe each role is as unique as the person who does it.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Welcome to the family free pair of Dr. Marten boots
- 65% off all Docs
- Our Culture Vultures are a dedicated team focusing on culture, wellness, and charity work across the business
- Amazing Camden based offices with roof terrace overlooking the canal
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
- 4.30 Friday finish
- Private healthcare
- Pension contribution
- Our Employee Assistance Programme – for when times might get tough
- DM Foundation, supporting and empowering our communities around the world