We’re always on the lookout for people who share our ambition — passionate, driven people with fire in their hearts. Do you think you have what it takes?
Working in a fast paced team for the Financial Accountant-EMEA, the Cashier- EMEA will be expected to reconcile and own the operational cash and bank accounts within EMEA and Group. This also includes assistance to the wider finance team as required.
Key tasks will include:
- Preparation of bank reconciliations for UK entities and Continental Europe
- Posting of cash transactions to the ledgers and accountable for Petty cash posting and reconciliation
- Key liaison with Group team for bank related matters and retail store liaison for cheques outstanding
- Analysing movements in the revaluations performed and providing narrative to the Financial Accountant-EMEA
- FX rate reviews and listing, liaising with the Treasury team in Camden
- Assistance with the implementation, maintenance and improvement of robust month end processes and internal controls to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business.
- Maintain the EMEA ledgers in accordance with group and statutory accounting requirements.
- Coordination of month end tasks with the current Cashier-EMEA to ensure all entities can meet the respective group period end deadlines.
- Preparation and review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations file to a high standard in line with internal deadlines including coordination of any issues which need resolving with the wider business.
- Promote a culture of best practice across EMEA by ensuring all work is completed to the highest standards and sharing improved ways of working.
- Identify and flag any issues promptly to the Financial Accountant-EMEA including any risks or opportunities identified for the company.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in an Accounts office environment, with emphasis on a Cashier role.
- A solid working knowledge of financial accounting procedures, preferably AAT qualified or equivalent.
- Competent user of Microsoft Dynamics desirable.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills.
- Investigatory, analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail
- Knowledge of sales and purchase ledger operations
- Good verbal and written communication skills for both internal and external queries.
- Proactive approach to work and a desire to streamline processes to increase productivity and efficiencies across EMEA
OUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr.Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals: INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS.
Working for Dr.Martens is everything you’d expect it to be. We’re a diverse, passionate bunch who believe each role is as unique as the person who does it.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Welcome to the family free pair of docs
- 65% off all docs
- Our Culture Vultures are a dedicated team focusing on culture, wellness, and charity work across the business
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
- 4pm Friday finish
- Newly renovated offices working onsite with Made in England factory
- Private healthcare
- Pension contribution
Are you ready to fill your boots? Apply now.