Dr. Martens is a globally recognizable and culturally influential British brand, with over 60 years of rich heritage. As brand custodians, we are lucky to work for a dynamic, thriving, and ethical business, with people from diverse backgrounds, who bring their true selves to work, and where anyone can grow their career.
We are guided by three core values that are at the heart of everything we do: be yourself, act courageously, and show you care. They make us who we are and inspire us to push boundaries, embrace our individuality, and stand up for what's right.
SO, WHAT'S THE STORY?
As the Senior Manager, Wholesale Marketing Americas, you will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive marketing strategies for our wholesale distribution channel. This role requires a senior marketer with a deep understanding of the footwear industry, a proven track record in wholesale marketing, and the ability to collaborate cross functionally, leading a high-performing team. You get the Dr. Martens brand and are excited to lead the wholesale marketing team in enhancing Dr. Martens’ footprint in the Americas region.
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans for key wholesale account partners, aligning with seasonal and annual brand and business objectives.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with the Americas sales team and key wholesale partners across all distribution channels. Collaborate with the sales team to understand partner needs and ensuring the brand is well represented.
- Proactively lead the planning and execution of targeted marketing campaigns to drive brand awareness, demand, new customer acquisition, and sell through.
- Utilize a mix of digital and traditional marketing channels to maximize reach and impact. Manage visual merchandising and fixture programs, ensuring elevated brand representation at all channels.
- Manage and lead a team of marketing professionals, providing guidance, mentorship, and fostering a collaborative and results-driven culture.
- Coordinate with cross-functional partners to ensure alignment and synergy across marketing and sales efforts.
- Implement analytics and reporting mechanisms to measure the success and ROI of wholesale marketing initiatives. Evaluate and report on seasonal key account marketing programs and regional plans, recommending adjustments and improvements as needed.
- Manage annual wholesale marketing calendar and budget. Develop and manage budgets, working closely with finance teams to track spending and monthly reporting on budget adherence.
- Oversee creative briefing and approval process.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, competitor activities, and marketing innovations to inform strategic thinking.
- Travel with the Americas sales team to key account and sales meetings as needed. Lead as the brand marketing representative and senior marketing expert.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or communications with 8+ years of consumer brand and/or wholesale marketing experience required (footwear/apparel industry preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of digital and full funnel marketing with strong analytical skills, and the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- In-depth knowledge of the footwear industry and wholesale landscape in the US and Canada, including distribution channels, industry trends, consumer behavior, and competitor landscape.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to inspire and lead a high-performing team.
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with business partners. Ability to work at a standard computer set up 40+ hours per week with or without accommodations.
- Ability to travel throughout the US up to 30%; International travel 3-5%.
- Connection with our Brand, The Stuff that Sets Us Apart and our Fundamental Qualities.
We live and breathe Rebellious Self Expression at Dr. Martens, and there are 3 core values at the heart of it. They never stand alone, but work together as a balancing act of rights and responsibilities to support how we work together at DMs.
BE YOURSELF. ACT COURAGEOUSLY. SHOW YOU CARE.
At DM your technical capability will go hand in hand with the below:
- Great relationship management that delivers results through effective teamwork
- You’ll be a proud custodian to our DM’s culture, embodying what we stand for and encouraging others to do the same
- You’ll help build a highly engaged team – ensuring a collaborative culture and providing guidance & support to other team members
- You will take ownership for your own development, proactively seeking out feedback to build self-awareness
- You will bring the outside-in; you’ll share best practice across the team/business and encourage ideas sharing as well as collaborative problem solving
- You’ll lead the way and role model on all things DE&I & wellbeing
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Welcome to the brand pair of Docs
- Employee discount of 65% off footwear and 50% on accessories
- Early Friday finish in the summertime
- Hybrid work schedule
- Affordable & comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision packages
- Our Employee Assistance Program – for when times might get tough
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth Retirement savings plans
- DM Foundation, supporting and empowering our communities around the world
- Paid volunteer hours
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment in which we can all be our best and bring our authentic selves to work. We encourage applications, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our brand; helping us to authentically speak to our consumers.
We strive to develop a business where our people can thrive and feel empowered to express themselves. Because we believe everyone should feel supported and included, whatever their role in the Dr. Martens community.