Dr. Martens is a globally recognisable and culturally influential British brand, with over 60 years of rich heritage. As brand custodians, we are lucky to work for a dynamic, thriving, and ethical business, with people from diverse backgrounds, who bring their true selves to work, and where anyone can grow their career.
We are guided by three core values that are at the heart of everything we do: be yourself, act courageously, and show you care. They make us who we are and inspire us to push boundaries, embrace our individuality, and stand up for what's right.
The Data & Analytics (D&A) Team has set the vision “To make every DM decision better with data” and is embarking on a transformational journey to “Execute faster in creating trust, access and value globally from all our data to empower our colleagues to stride forwards”. It is an exciting time to join the D&A team, with the opportunity to both set and guide the team and DM’s strategic direction.
As our Data Architect, you will be at the forefront of the team working on the design of the data ecosystem with a real focus on the data warehouse. We are Still in the early phases of our Data transformation journey, so you will get the opportunity to making fundamental changes through the design of our semantic data layers and implementation of a modern data ecosystem that underpins DMs bold growth ambitions. You will work closely with the broader business, supporting, challenging, and championing data and analytics for better decision making.
· Capturing data, reporting and analytical requirements via interviews with the business teams for designing the data warehouse including business facing data models and the underlying semantic layers.
· Working closely with current data owners, analysts, business users etc. within specific business domains to understand usage patterns, questions they want to ask and the insights they want to derive and suggest the best way to organise/grouping the data for querying and analysis.
· Translating the above requirements into designing data models at conceptual, logical and physical levels for the business teams to validate and for data engineering to consume and build iteratively on it.
· Working on key strategic projects that are undergoing changes within the operational system landscape (eg. Supply chain, order management, product etc.) to review the proposed changes, and assess the impact on the data analytics environment.
· Working closely with the data engineering, reporting and analytics functions to guide and support them with high- and low-level design changes and approach to have business continuity on the back of upstream source system changes.
· Creating and maintaining high- and low-level data warehouse architecture diagrams and artefacts that map the source system data to the data warehouse, data flows and the different data layers and entities within the data warehouse.
· Being a strong advocate of good data modelling and data architecture principles and finding ways to educate, review and improve on how we model and govern our data assets and its usage.
· Ensure data governance, privacy and protection principles are embedded within data architecture framework and its implementation within the semantic and presentation layers.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
· Strong proven knowledge of data modelling for building data warehouse assets including semantic data layers, data marts, single customer views etc.
· Strong proven knowledge of Kimball/Dimensional data modelling and/or Data vault modelling techniques.
· Hands-on SQL, database querying skills on cloud-based data warehouses like Snowflake, BigQuery etc.
· Experience with data governance and/or cataloguing tools like Atlan, Informatica, Collibra or similar platforms.
· Knowledge and/or skills with Python, API’s, DataOps, and Cloud based data services on Azure or other cloud providers.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
· Self-driven and comfortable working autonomously.
· Curious about and having the aptitude to learn new technologies.
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate ideas, concepts, and solutions to peers and leaders.
YOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals - INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it.
Your technical capability will go hand in hand with:c
· Great relationship management that delivers results through effective teamwork
· You’ll be a proud custodian to our DM’s culture, embodying what we stand for and encouraging others to do the same.
· You will bring the outside-in; you’ll share best practice across the team / business and encourage idea sharing as well as collaborative problem solving
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
· Welcome to the family free pair of docs
· 65% off all docs
· A dedicated culture team focusing on wellness and charity.
· 2 paid volunteer days per year
· 4.30pm Friday finish
· Amazing Camden based offices with roof terrace overlooking the canal
· Private healthcare
Are you ready to fill your boots? Apply now.
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment in which we can all be our best and bring our authentic selves to work. We encourage applications, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our brand; helping us to speak authentically to our consumers.
We strive to develop a business where our people can thrive and feel empowered to express themselves. Because we believe everyone should feel supported and included whatever their role in the Dr. Martens community.