Dr. Martens is a globally recognisable and culturally influential British brand, with over 60 years of rich heritage. As brand custodians, we are lucky to work for a dynamic, thriving, and ethical business, with people from diverse backgrounds, who bring their true selves to work, and where anyone can grow their career.
We are guided by three core values that are at the heart of everything we do: be yourself, act courageously, and show you care. They make us who we are and inspire us to push boundaries, embrace our individuality, and stand up for what's right.
SO, WHAT'S THE STORY?
Dr. Martens employs people with a dedicated passion, expertise and energy. Without it, we couldn’t do what we do. We welcome people who are proud of their self-expression and love our brand. This is where you come in.
Accounting Manager is a key member in Japan Finance team. The role ensures accurate accounting recording and reporting in accordance with IFRS by utilizing ERP in efficient manner as a Key User & a trainer. The scope includes internal control and compliance management liaising with APAC / HQ finance teams. He or she owns the accounting processes and proactively seek for opportunities to gain operational excellence by improving efficiency in the day-to-day operations. Smooth communication with other function is expected to ensure the related processes.
General accounting and internal control
- Lead local accounting team to ensure periodic closing, Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly, with timely report submission
- Ensure accurate accounting transactions according to IFRS and Group policy
- Lead and ensure internal / external audit when it’s conducted
- Maintain and update internal control environment
Tax and Treasury
- Monitor and control cashflow according to Group policy
- Control credit limit management according to Group policy
- Ensure Tax filing (Corporate, Fixed asset, Consumption tax etc)
- Act as a key user of ERP system (Microsoft D365) and a trainer
- Own accounting processes and seek for areas to improve efficiency
- Liaise with other functions such as Retail / Operation team to ensure transactions in accordance with Group internal control policy
- Collaborate on ad-hock and team projects in finance and with other departments
- Coach / train staff members of Accounting team
- Willing to conduct hands-on work when necessary
YOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Values – BE YOURSELF, ACT COURAGEOUSLY AND SHOW YOU CARE. As a brand that represents Rebellious Self Expression, we are a unique collection of people from different backgrounds, with different skills and we all bring something special to Dr. Martens. We are brand custodians and passionate advocates.
- Native level Japanese skill, and capability to communicate in English with UK and APAC office.
- At least 5-8 years of experiences in Accounting functions with good understanding of Accounting principles.
- Nissho-boki 1st or equivalent qualification is plus.
- Prior experience in ERP systems (Microsoft D365 is an advantage)
- Excellent skill in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Good team player with excellent communication skill
- Ability to work with speed and flexibility with accuracy under time pressure
- Prior experience in Retail business is an advantage
- Willingness to learn / expand knowledge with proactive manner
- Hands-on, responsible, independent, self-motivated
- Attention to detail.
Are you ready to fill your boots? Apply now.
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment in which we can all be our best and bring our authentic selves to work. We encourage applications, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our brand; helping us to speak authentically to our consumers.
We strive to develop a business where our people can thrive and feel empowered to express themselves. Because we believe everyone should feel supported and included whatever their role in the Dr. Martens community.