Reports To: Accounting Manager
Contract: 6 months contract
- This role will provide support to the Finance Team by performing daily accounting operational duties and helping to prepare financial statements, accounts, managing ledgers, processing invoices and assisting in finalisation of month-end and year-end accounts.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
- Perform general accounting duties including general ledger, account payable, account receivables, inter-companies balance reconciliation, cheques or payment preparation, banking-related matters, petty cash etc.
- Assist in handling full set of accounts and month-end closing.
- Work close with internal departments for accounting operation support.
- Assist in Ecom Sale, inventory & AR reconciliation.
- Assist in year-end audit and monthly cash flow planning.
- Any ad hoc projects and tasks as assigned.
- ACCA/CPA or equivalent qualification with a Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in preferably in an MNC, retail & Ecom business
- Experience in handling VAT and accounting for overseas operations is considered beneficial.
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly in Excel
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Positive attitude and proactive team player
- Candidates who posses less experience or lower qualifications will be taken into consideration for the accountant position.
We live and breathe Rebellious Self Expression at Dr. Martens, and there are 3 core values at the heart of it. They never stand alone, but work together as a balancing act of rights and responsibilities to support how we work together at DMs. BE YOURSELF. ACT COURAGEOUSLY. SHOW YOU CARE.
At DM your technical capability will go hand in hand with the below:
- Great relationship management that delivers results through effective teamwork
- You’ll be a proud custodian to our DM’s culture, embodying what we stand for and encouraging others to do the same
- You’ll help build a highly engaged team – ensuring a collaborative culture and providing guidance & support to other team members
- You will take ownership for your own development, proactively seeking out feedback to build self-awareness
- You will bring the outside-in; you’ll share best practice across the team/business and encourage ideas sharing as well as collaborative problem solving
- You’ll lead the way and role model on all things DE&I & wellbeing