Dr. Martens is a globally recognizable and culturally influential British brand, with over 60 years of rich heritage. As brand custodians, we are lucky to work for a dynamic, thriving, and ethical business, with people from diverse backgrounds, who bring their true selves to work, and where anyone can grow their career.
We are guided by three core values that are at the heart of everything we do: be yourself, act courageously, and show you care. They make us who we are and inspire us to push boundaries, embrace our individuality, and stand up for what's right.
SO, WHAT'S THE STORY?
Leading the Americas ecommerce site operations and merchandising teams, the head of ecommerce site experience will drive site conversion through the smooth and efficient functioning of our ecommerce platform while curating compelling product assortments and engaging content to drive sales and enhance customer satisfaction. Reporting directly to the VP of Digital, North America, this position will require a strategic mindset, analytical acumen, and a deep understanding of ecommerce site merchandising, product development and user experience.
Site Operations Leadership:
- Oversee all aspects of site management, ensuring the website is user-friendly, visually appealing, and optimally functioning.
- Own the day-to-day trading activities across the regional websites including on-site merchandising, localization of content, and commercial calendar planning for marketing communications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Technology, Analytics, UX/UI, Marketing) to implement site improvements, updates, and new features.
- Monitor site performance metrics, identify bottlenecks, and drive initiatives to improve page load times, checkout processes, and overall site responsiveness.
- Conduct regular site audits to maintain quality assurance and eliminate potential issues that could impact user experience.
Merchandising Strategy and Execution:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive merchandising strategy aligned with regional goals, and seasonal campaign strategy.
- Curate and manage product assortments, ensuring the right mix of products, categories, and promotions to maximize sales and profitability.
- Analyze sales data, customer behavior, and market trends to make data-driven decisions for product recommendations and merchandising optimizations.
Customer Experience Enhancement:
- Work closely with the UX/UI and marketing teams to optimize the customer journey, making it seamless and intuitive.
- Implement personalization strategies and site enhancements to deliver tailored shopping experiences for different customer segments.
- Continuously monitor customer feedback, reviews, and support channels to identify areas for improvement and address customer pain points.
- Develop and execute personalized marketing strategies to deliver tailored content, product recommendations, and offers based on individual customer preferences and behavior.
- Leverage customer data, segmentation, and predictive analytics to create dynamic and relevant experiences that enhance engagement and drive conversion rates.
- Collaborate with the analytics and A/B testing teams to implement machine learning models and algorithms that improve the accuracy and effectiveness of personalization efforts.
- Continuously test and optimize personalization tactics, iterating based on performance metrics and customer feedback.
- Utilize customer journey mapping and customer touchpoint analysis to identify key moments for personalization and engagement.
Analytics and Reporting:
- Utilize web analytics tools to track site performance, customer behavior, and sales metrics.
- Generate regular reports and performance dashboards to communicate key insights and actionable recommendations to senior management
- Encourage a collaborative work environment where team members actively share knowledge, ideas, and best practices to enhance team cohesion and productivity.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to team members, helping them develop their skills, knowledge, and career paths within the organization.
- Regularly provide constructive feedback and conduct performance evaluations to identify areas for improvement and growth among team members.
- Promote diversity and inclusion initiatives within the team to create an inclusive and equitable work environment that leverages the strengths of a diverse workforce.
- Effectively allocate resources, including personnel, budget, and time, to support team development initiatives and goals.
- Develop strategies and contingency plans to ensure the team is well-prepared to handle unexpected challenges or crises effectively.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Business, Ecommerce, or a related field. MBA preferred.
- Proven experience in ecommerce site operations, site merchandising, or a related role with a successful track record in driving revenue growth.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data to make informed decisions and optimize site performance.
- In-depth knowledge of ecommerce best practices, SEO, and UX/UI principles.
- Experience with Jira and/or Hybris a plus. Knowledge of back-end systems supporting logistics, payment methods, and post purchase touchpoints.
- Experience with ecommerce platforms, personalization tools and content management systems.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across teams.
- A passion for staying up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies in eCommerce
- Ability to work at a standard computer set up 40+ hours per week, with or without accommodations.
We live and breathe Rebellious Self Expression at Dr. Martens, and there are 3 core values at the heart of it. They never stand alone, but work together as a balancing act of rights and responsibilities to support how we work together at DMs.
BE YOURSELF. ACT COURAGEOUSLY. SHOW YOU CARE.
At DM your technical ability will go hand in hand with our leadership characteristics:
- Inspire people: share a vision and plan linked to our strategy; make people feel they are part of something bigger; grow your people’s confidence and capacity through coaching and development
- Think like a custodian: think and act strategically about the long-term health of DM; make courageous decisions to grow and protect the brand; leave DMs in a better place for consumers and the next generation of leaders
- Build connections: form authentic collaborative relationships; build self, talent, diverse & inclusive teams and partnerships; create space to have open and honest discussions with your team and peers
- Deliver results: empower and hold yourself and your people accountable; create a safe environment to drive performance and progress, not perfection; be agile, find solutions and deliver with integrity
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Welcome to the brand pair of Docs
- Employee discount of 65% off footwear and 50% on accessories
- Early Friday finish in the summertime
- Amazing Portland based office & rooftop
- Hybrid work schedule
- Affordable & comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision packages
- Our Employee Assistance Program – for when times might get tough
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth Retirement savings plans
- DM Foundation, supporting and empowering our communities around the world
- Paid volunteer hours
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment in which we can all be our best and bring our authentic selves to work. We encourage applications, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our brand; helping us to authentically speak to our consumers.
We strive to develop a business where our people can thrive and feel empowered to express themselves. Because we believe everyone should feel supported and included, whatever their role in the Dr. Martens community.