THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
You are a confident leader on and off the sales floor, with a desired growth path as part of the store management team. You lead the store team by driving exceptional customer service, maximizing sales, coaching store staff, and maintaining overall store performance consistently. You get the Dr. Martens brand and are excited to support the team in enhancing Dr. Martens’ footprint in the Americas region.
- Delivering exceptional customer service by leading the sales floor and fostering team selling.
- Elevating customer service by greeting store customers, sharing brand knowledge, and seeking to understand the needs of the customer.
- Acting as a role model to encourage a positive and productive work environment. Ensuring the team is aware of business goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and implementing a strategy for attaining sales goals.
- Assisting in training new sales staff on job duties and product knowledge, including coaching on and off the selling floor.
- Communicating store results effectively to our business partners.
- Assisting with performing daily operations related to opening and closing store, balancing register, preparing, and making bank deposits.
- Assisting with operational tasks and physical inventories.
- Assisting with merchandising to meet Brand Marketing guidelines and enhance product appeal
- Working with retail stock team to receive, maintain, and replenish in-store stock by maximizing organization efficiently and accurately.
YOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals - INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualities:
- 1+ year supervisory experience necessary, preferably within footwear.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, retail/register systems, web-based programs, and computerized inventory systems. Experience with MPOS a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic math, including ability to calculate percentages required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally to a broad customer base.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be approachable and polite.
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and to carry shoe boxes while climbing a ladder and/or stairs.
- Punctual in adherence to scheduled shift times.
- International/domestic travel not required, 0 %.
- Connection with our Brand, The Stuff that Sets Us Apart and our Fundamental Qualities.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Welcome to the brand pair of Docs
- Employee discount of 65% off footwear and 50% on accessories
- Rock the latest style with our seasonal pairs
- Transit and parking flexible spending accounts
- PTO and Sick Time
- Our Employee Assistance Program – for when times might get tough
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth Retirement Savings Plans with employer match
- DM Foundation, supporting and empowering our communities around the world
- Paid Volunteer Hours
- $15.94 - $18.75 per hour/salary.
- Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment in which we can all be our best and bring our authentic selves to work. We encourage applications, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our brand; helping us to speak authentically to our consumers. We strive to develop a business where our people can thrive and feel empowered to express themselves. Because we believe everyone should feel supported and included, whatever their role in the Dr. Martens community.